How can you have 7 people in your house...3 of them adults...and not have soap,toilet paper,dish soap,laundry soap, deoderant...

I'm posting anon because I don't want her to accidentally come across this. But I'm just disgusted with my bf and her family right now.Her dh lost his job back in Feb/March of this year because he kept callng off work for stupid shit or just not showing up.Somehow he gets approved for unemployement.Few months later, he loses his unemployment because he was too lazy to go to the required class tht lasted 1 day.So, there basically living off nothing.They have no money.They get foodstamps but run out early on.You go to thier house and you see 3 adults sittin on thier ass watching tv.They have NONE of the thing I mentioned above and they have 4 kids under the age of 10.They have bedbugs,their house is a nasty ass mess.How can you have 3 little girls and not have toilet paper..and then you dont even have soap to wash them with?I told her today,why doesnt he go scrap or go to a pay by day temp place,go deliver pizza,SOMETHING?!?CONT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• there outlet that will help i know because they help me and my family 9 times out 10 a woman will let it slide what goes on in the house
    she thinks her job is stand by her man .but now to be good mother she kick some back sides in tell them to get a job it won't be easy
    and won't happen over night .and you being her bf you should help her out because if the shoe was on the other foot you would want or need her help.so stand by her no matter what .she need your friendship now more then ever. just listening to her might .yes she can get a job but she just doesn't want to leave the kids with or trust him with the kids.they need to talk to some one who works in this field they will help if have to call cac
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:47 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• That's when you call CPS. Sorry, she may be your bf, but children shouldn't be living in a mess like that.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Personally, if I had a friend that let her kids be in this situation, I would call DCS. I'm sorry, but it sounds like they are providing horrible living conditions. It's sick! Why doesn't she get a job?
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Absolutely heart breaking. There's no shame in being poor - but being dirty and not taking care of your kids is inexcusable.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't go over there. I feel bad for the kids, if it gets really bad call social services anonymously. If you call child protective services they may be able to tell your bf about more services that are available to her, like help finding a job for her or dh. Also just getting a call might help them to start taking a good hard look at their lives.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'm wondering how long it will be before CPS shows up.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• What a heartache for those children. Can you call social services?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Thats disgusting an awful, and the kids DO NOT deserve to live in that situation. Something needs to be done!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Well, how does the rent and electric get paid? Who buys food? And why don't they buy soap? Do they wash clothes? HOW do they wipe? What if they poop, do they just pull up their panties? Seriously, what do they do? That's gross, and unsanitary. They can get infections, and that can lead to worse things. Are the kids school aged? Are you going to call CPS? That's just horrible, just horrible.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Thats sad.
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010