Another mom/ ex mom is talking about me online!!!

A person who I thought was my friend/ associate of mine stated on a mutual friend's page that I am the workplace slut, I cheat on my husband, Ive gotten pregnant by someone other than my husband and had an abortion. She also put my old phone number, email address, and picture on several websites which caused men from all over the US and abroad to call my phone. The message said I give the greatest sexual favors blah blah blah. call me at 555-555-5555.

None of this is true. ABSOLUTELY NONE! Ive never told her anything. i am a newly wed and I think she is just jealous of me. I can even provide medical records that I have had an IUD for years. I want to sue,but I do not know where to start. I have made police reports. I have the IP addresses the postings originated from.

btw we're 26, and I cannot believe im involved in something like this.

I want to kick her ass, but I know I shouldn't. I do not want to get a record.

BAB321

Asked by BAB321 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• WOW! What a bitch! I would stay far far away from her! She is just childish!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 4:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• If she referred to you by name in a defaming way, I think you can sue her. You should call a lawyer or do a search on the law, but I'm thinking you might be able to get a restraining order or harassment, defamation or stalking case. I would first get my phone number changed. You said she made references to work, does she work with you? If so call HR and I bet this falls under workplace harassment.... Be tough and don't take any crap from her!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think you can sue her for slander. Does she work with you now? What did the police say about this and did they go and talk to her? Make copies of everything and talk to a lawyer. This is harassment and slander.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:38 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• If I were in your shoes............ This is me,,only me... not in any way shape or form telling you that this is what you should do..

If none of it were true. I wouldn't give a shit. I'd most likely laugh about it.. Then write that person off. And not having anything to do with them again. At work, it would be a business/professional relationship, nothing more nothing less. And I would leave it at that. It's not something I would be filing police reports etc over. To me personally. It would be bullshit that someone posted on the net.. that's about it really. Childish bullshit at that, that I have neither the time, patience or interest in even acknowledging much less being involved in.

If you want to sue. Get an attorney and see where you stand in regards to defamation of character and slander, possibly even contributing to causing a hostile work environment. Then go from there. That's your best course of action.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Don't worry about what some dimwitted immature fool has to say about you. You know what's true and what's not, and so do the people who care about you.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'd sue if I had the money to obtain an attorney. :/ I agree with pixie though, I want to ignore it, but I get soooo mad. If I sued her, I probably wouldn't get any money anyway because she has 3 kids ( I think 4, 7, and 10) and she lives in her parent's home.

she just quit the job on Thursday thank God for that!!! BUT we do have mutual friends, and this has put them in an awkward situation. I just wish she'd move out of state, Nebraska or Idaho or somewhere!
    BAB321

Comment by BAB321 (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Feel sorry for her. How sad she must make up things to make herself important. Have you thought of simply asking her why she's feels a need to tell these lies?
    QuillingDiva

Answer by QuillingDiva at 4:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• She could be in trouble legally by putting personal info on the computer about you. Ask your local police if they have an internet section and can you ask about this.
    QuillingDiva

Answer by QuillingDiva at 4:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Since you have mutual friends. Here's how I would handle that;
    1) If she is to be present at some get together. I would tactifully decline the invitation and conviently have something else to do at that time.
    2) If she were to be brought up in conversation, in general, I would ignore and continue talking about something else completely. If she were brought up directly to me, I would divert and change the topic of conversation to something else.

If you want to ignore it.. Easily done. Don't go and look for things she's written. If you happen to be on someone else's page and she's left a comment, skip over it. You do not have to expose yourself to the bullshit she puts out there. Reading it is a choice, you either choose to read it or not. If it's something that makes me mad, that I have no control over (like something someone else spews out), I don't expose myself to that thing.

Continued below. damn small boxe lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• If she is no longer going to be working with you.1 part of the problem solved. You no longer need to even give her a second thought in regards to work or your work environment.

If you do not have the money to sue. Don't waste time, energy and brain space even thinking about it. POintless and just will make you madder in the long run. Nothing makes a shitty mood or situation worse than stewing in it.

This is one of those situations. Where wasting the time, energy and brain space: thinking about it, "what if'ing" it, etc. Does nothing but make you feel worse and doesn't accomplish a damn thing for YOU. But it accomplishes something for her. She got what she wanted, a rise out of you. You are now wasting time, energy and effort thinking about HER. You've allowed her to become significant and important to you. You've made her have an impact on your life. Now choose to take those things away from her.. Make her nothing to U
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2010