Tired of hearing moms telling their kids to shut up!

WTF kind of mother tells their children to shut up??? I am so sick of being in a store and hearing moms yell at their kids and tell them to shut up. Am I the only one???

hornz102485

Asked by hornz102485 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• What kink of mom uses the term "WTF". Shut up isn't profanity, but WTF is. A little case of double standard isn't it?

Oh please. It's not like she's saying to her children.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I've never understood what is wrong with saying Shut up? I never got in to the habit of saying it, so when I do it's rare, but I never understood why it's any different from saying Be Quiet, or Pipe Down or any other version...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• As long as they're not cussing and hitting on top of it. I can deal with a shut up. A shut the BLEEP up would make me turn my head. Ideally it would be nice if they would just say be quiet instead. But I try to not let little things get to me. If I did I would be mad all the time.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Be quiet, pipe down, etc sound much nicer than shut up. and they can easily include a please. Please be quiet. Please pipe down. ...but please shut up. ......yea. shut up just isn't nice.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• wow- all the vote downs for the women that don't see the big deal in shut up.. voted down for disagreeing? i tell my dd oh hush up ive never said shut up but dont see the huge deal as long as its not STFU or anything crude.. far worse things i have seen done to kids that i dont approve of
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 4:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• When i am on the phone with something important i have told my kids to shut up after asking them 3 times nicely! <<< yeah me to!! You can only "please be quiet" so many times then it becomes totally ineffective!!! LOL

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 4:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You don't know what that kid was doing before mom lost it and said it! Don't be so quick to judge. That could have been her last straw!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• There are far better ways to teach appropriate behavior than that!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• No, you are certainly not the only one. Rude parents raise rude children and that's just rude!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2010