Do you vote answers down?

Just because you don't agree with another persons opinion?

it's driving me nuts! it's so stupid. just because you disagree is not a reason to vote someone down. the vote down button is there for people who are being rude or people who have wrong information about an important topic. But it is NOT there just so you can dock someone points for having a different point of view than your own.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 4:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Heck, half of CafeMom must do it, because nearly every answer I give gets at least 1 vote down even if I said simple truth and not bad info. LOL I have had about a bazillion vote downs since this started. If we had an award for that, I would have won it already.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I don't vote down all that much. When I do it's mostly for the really rude, the ones who totally ignore the question or the childish name callers.
    But I don't get the big deal with everyone getting so upset about being voted down. All it does is make the voter feel better. It's not like you're out anything for it. You only loose points if you answered anon and were voted down.
    Besides, everyone's idea of bad advice or rudeness is just that, their idea, their opinion. What you see as good advice said in a friendly way, someone else may see as horrible advice said rudely. And the other way around as well.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• No. I have only voted down once and it was because the person was rude and bashing the OP. I will vote down very bad advice too.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have done that once or twice, but you're right, it's not a good habit and I shouldn't do it. Mostly, I've voted someone down when they were beating up on the questioner. That is just uncalled for. I haven't ever been voted down that I know of.... then again, how do you know if you've been voted down?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I do for ones who answer questions to start shit. I have a few times for ones that were OMG! Where are you pulling that out of?!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• no, you have to at least be on level 11 and I'm only on 2
    prettybaby1

Answer by prettybaby1 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I've only done it once, maybe twice. I did it because the person was rude not just sharing a differing opinion. I don't like to vote down, that's why I don't do it, but I think rude people need to see that they are being rude. I do agree to a point with you Kiwismommy19. It also depends on how a person is receiving your information. You may think you were articulate and friendly and the other person may not see it that way.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I thought you only loose points if you answer anon??? It only hides the answer after so many votes otherwise.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 5:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Only anons lose points for vote downs so if people are voting down for that reason they are not getting what they want.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I did not know that you only lose points if you're voted down as anon. good to know.

But the voting down thing just for difference of opinion is so ...elementary.
    outstandingLove

Comment by outstandingLove (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2010