What do you think of....

Parents who make fun of others on how they look? What about a parent who calls others fat? Do you think they are setting a good example or that they would do that to their child if they were not perfect?

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think if the parent has the tendency to speak their minds, they are going to no matter what and at the expense of the other person in doing so.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Ooh.. I don't think I know any parents like that. I do realize, though, that negative things we say about people get to our kids and give them biases.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Calling other people names is wrong. I think people who do so don't feel good about themselves or are just plain ignorant and insensitive. It would break my heart if I heard a parent call their child names.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Of course they're not setting a good example! Modeling rude and inappropriate behaviors will get us children who have rude and inappropriate behaviors. This reminds me of the "shut up" question and people who don't see what's wrong with it - I wonder if they'll still feel the same way when their child tells them to shut up, or tells the teacher to shut up, etc.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• That is just wrong on all levels. That is not setting a good example at all to their kids. Kids learn from their teachers, their parents. Which means the kids are most likely going to start making fun of other people at a young age.

They might do that to their child if they weren't perfect....not sure about that part.

I do know it really pisses me off to see immature parents like this....
    goodchar130

Answer by goodchar130 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• People who call other moms out in that way are usually un happy with their self, and need to make their self feel go so they point out others! Their just trying to cover theirs! Every one has flaws no ones perfect!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 5:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Making fun of people to their faces? My husband and I talk shit about people all the time. Especially the ones that belong on the People of Walmart website. We aren't rude to people to their faces if that is what you mean.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• No they would not be setting a good example. I've always told my kids, You can't help the way GOD made you, and they have always been very respectful as adults be being raised that we are who we are.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• They are too immature to be parents

Answer by rkoloms at 12:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2010