Do your kids like to go grocery shopping?

My son loves it. Always has. He is ten now (almost 11) and can help me a lot with shopping, choosing meals, and reading labels on things. As much as he dislikes shopping for clothes, he really likes shopping for food!

KTMOM

Asked by KTMOM at 4:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yes! My kids love being involved in meal planning and cooking. I want to be sure they will be able to feed themselves when they are out of college.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 12:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Yeah. When they can load the cart of with goodies that they think are essentially needed. I usually allow for some things to stay in the cart because I know they will eat them.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My youngest are 12 and 13 so it depends.How bored they are ,for how long, stuff like that.They come about 1/4 of the time.They both have dishes that they claim and like to help me prepare.Currently for this year my 13 is into Cheeseburger Soup and the 12 year old is into Teriyaki chicken.When those items are on the menu they request to come.They pick out the proper ingredients and sides.They are both proud and very possessive of "their"dish.If it gets me help I am happy.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 5:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• She loves it! She gets to bag the fruit, pick the flavors of stuff, grab stuff from the lower shelves. She has a blast, and is very helpful :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yeah but sometimes it's hard to take them.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 5:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes we all love to go as a family. I love that the store I go to has a double cart so I push and my DH goes around getting the stuff. The kids love to look at people and name off some of the stuff they see. Lately it's been so hot I just don't want to go out. But I want to start to go back out again as a family when it cools down a little more.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My son is four. He loves grocery shopping as well. I've always made him a part of it since he was real little... getting our kind of bread, picking what kind of chips he wants and that sort of thing.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 5:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My 5 year old loves it because he's been going to the store with me since he was born. I won't know what to do without him when he starts school. I never go by myself! LOL...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My DD, 13 months old, LOVES going to the store. She babbles and squeals through the entire store. My DS, 6 years old, HATES it and thinks shopping is a drag. He'd rather be out playing.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My girls always want to go to the store but sometimes it is a very difficult time, They are 3 and 1 and therefore with just me it is a little too much sometimes.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 5:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2010