Do you think if we had free child care, parents would be less stressed?

I know in France or somewhere, they have home care providers come to the house and take care of dinner and your kids and the government pays for it. Wouldn't that be nice? I know every parent could use a little help and I think that would create less stress.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 5:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Hell Yes!
    That would be pretty neat :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think if that were to happen, it would cause less stress but, some may take advantage of it and have the chld care practically raise the child.
    cyndimcd

Answer by cyndimcd at 5:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I dunno I would ask people in France how they handle it.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I don't agree with it because someone else pays for it in taxes. I'm against higher taxes. If someone cannot handle their own kids then why did they have them in the first place? Some people hire nannies and chefs with their own money and I am all for that. It just has to be done the right way.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:04 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• No, who will I be indebted to then. I will pay for my three kids myself, thank you. I don't need to be dependent on the government for one more thing.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Oh come on sylvia. Wanting a little child caredoes not make anyone incapable of being a parent. Some parents need it. It is a stressful job and for me the times when I could use a babysitter or whatever is when I go grocery shopping. Because it is stressful trying to shop when you have one kid grabbing everything in sight and the other crying.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i dont have kids for others to raise them. I dont even want to send my child to school but DH thinks is better than homeschool so i will not cause a big fight over it.
    momoftatertots

Answer by momoftatertots at 5:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• you know this doesnt mean that you dump your children on other people to watch them. i think this would be a great idea. like in my case my daughter is in kindergarten and the school only offers half day programs. i am a full time working mother it is extremely stressful trying to figure out how my daughter is going to get there, be picked up and taken care of till I get out of work just so she can go for 2 and a half hours. some day care's in the area want to charge any where from $660-800 a month to do the things i need help with. thats just ridiculous.
    DNR

Answer by DNR at 5:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

Have you not heard the phrase..."It takes a village to raise a child?" You know why they say that? Because it's true. It doesn't mean that the parents can't take care of their kids it just means that it takes others to help. Teachers, Sunday school teachers, counselor, etc. So get off your high horse.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• No I will raise my kids... My family & those who we know will help me raise my kids.. My village is my family.. Not some person I dont know :)
    But if the govnt would pay for a cook to come a couple times a week to help that would be AWESOME!! lol..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2010