I felt bad for her embarrassment....

My son is moderately autistic and his speech pattern is largely repititive. He'll say the same phrases over and over when stressed. We were at Target today looking at clothes. He was standing by the cart below rack level,and he was jabbering away about his video game. A lady was on the other side of the rack. She said"oh boy! that lil guy is sure gonna be a smart one when he gets older!" She thought he was a toddler,he's 9! Oops! When she saw him her face got all red in embarrassment and she scurried away. This has happened before. She didn't give me a chance to tell her it was ok,people make mistakes.Have you ever caught yourself in a situation where you just wanted to curl up and die from embarrassment?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OMg... here is the worst foot in the mouth I ever made. We were at a big play group... the kids were about 4 - 6 mo. old... no one crawling just siting and rolling over. a little boy was wiggling around just cute as could be and I noticed only one hand was out of his sleeper. I said oh your son lost his little hand wiggling so much and went to help straighten his clothes... OMG _ NO HAND! He was born with out that hand!

I could have died... mom was very sweet about it.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• my worst foot in the mouth moment was when i was gettin my hair cut trying to get of of the black and going back to my natural color. the stylist asked how i liked it and i said i like the cut its cute but not liking how my ends are black and the rest is auburn, she said its a new thing now, ppl pay to have that done. i said wow thats stupid. about the time another stylist came over to clean her station and she had blonde hair with organish pink ends. she gave me a nasty look. oopss
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i think the worse one for me was singing oh mcdonald had a farm i was in the back and usually wear glasses i got most of the animals wrong and the kids were turning to see if i was o.k. in the head
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 5:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Maybe this isn't such a big deal, but my husband and I were shoppig at Burlington Coat Factory. I was shopping for some new sneakers, when my husband brings over a pair of black shoes, and a pair of white ones. After I tried them on, my husband (who is white) asked me which I liked best. Well, I hadn't noticed a worker not far from us who is black. Before I noticed the man, I said to my husband, "Nah, I don't like the black ones as much I like the white one." LOL. The man immediately turned around with a cofused look, and saw I was talking about shoes. Lol. I was kind of embarrassed. my innocent comment seemed a bit...racist.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 5:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2010