have u ever worked with someone that just seemed like you are from diferent worlds?

im just frustrated cause im working with an 18yr (im 29) on a group report for class and just get frustrated talkin to him, im not sure what it is or why.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Perhaps there is a language barer...   Allow me to help:

start throwing in to your speech a couple "dudes", "likes" and "that's sick" (this may vary regionally... could be "bad" "gnarly" or other variations).  Understand that in his language half an hour could mean up to 90 minutes.  And "did it yesterday" could mean starting the project now and will be done by the time I get to class.  Additionally the hearing usually has not fully matured by this stage so the use of text along with oral instructions could help you.  However, reading also has not fully matured so there is no need to fully type out each word... abbreviations are acceptable.... even mis-spelled abbreviations.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• cause he is young and 18 year old kids know and days think they know it all
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• he's problay thinking about this weekends party.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I feel that way about MOST of the people I work with... I'm very liberal and although I am "young" or at least younger than any of them, I have twice the life experience than most of them... They are all very conservative and would prefer to go with the flow of the norm than do their own research and risk getting a sideways look from friends or family... They all grew up in a solid home, lived on the straight and narrow and have raised their kids there... Completely opposite from me!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Your older, and wiser and kids today just dont see things they way older people do.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2010