my daughter is 6 wks old and she only sleeps on her tummy. are their any diapers out there that are good for her? luvs, huggies, and pampers have all leaked onto her clothes!

she's in a size 1

lovinsophie

Asked by lovinsophie at 9:17 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think Huggies makes "Overnights". They are normal diapers but with extra padding or gel to keep them from leaking out throughout the night.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• When my kids were younger I had to set an alarm to get up every few hours to change them or they would wake up soaked.

I read a tip in a magazine, to put a maxipad at the top of the diaper like facing the bellybutton so when your daughter goes, hopefully the maxipad will catch the extra! I haven't tried it though, LOL.
    momofana82

Answer by momofana82 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I think the overnights are for kids that are potty training. A 6 wks baby wont fit in those. If she is leaking, it is because the diaper doesnt fit on her correctly, or you arent putting it on tight enough. I found that out with my son. Maybe try a sleep positioner, and put her on her side.

I hope you dont get a lot of craxy people telling you your daughter will die of sids because you put her on her belly to sleep...good luck
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 9:22 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• huggies are horrible... Pampers are the best to me... try the pampers swaddlers, they seem to hold a little more for night sleeping.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• We ran into that problem when my son started rolling over because he preferred to sleep on his tummy after that point. For a while his clothes were all peed on every morning. We use Pampers and the best solution has just been to go with the larger size of diapers that he'll fit into: i.e. if the range on the diapers is 16-24 lbs, we put him in those right at 16 lbs and when he gets to the higher part of that range, move him up a size again. Seems to have corrected it for the most part, he still leaks sometimes but not near as much or as often. Good luck!
    Sandie0819

Answer by Sandie0819 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I think the overnights are for kids that are potty training. A 6 wks baby wont fit in those.

You're probably thinking of the "Goodnights".  They also have "Overnights".  http://www.huggieshappybaby.com/products/index.aspx?uri=diapers/index.aspx

Your baby wouldn't be able to fit until she was in a size 3 but something to think about in the near future.

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• We had this problem with my first son but it didn't matter what position he was sleeping in. Altho - I strongly advise back- to -sleep, ultimately that is ur decision and I hate all the bashing! ANYWAY - my LO slept thru the nite almost immediately and I think those diapers just aren't made for excessively long periods of time. What we did was use 2 diapers i knw that sounds weird but it totally worked! we put one reg. size on him b4 bed and one size up overtop of that. So if u did it then size 1 on bottom size 2 ontop. He never woke up soaked thru again and we used the cheapest diapers we could find for the ones on top. He used to poop thru everything too and this stopped that aswell. Good luck.
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• thank you all so much for the advise and not bashing me for letting her sleep on her stomach. I took her to the doc to ask why she hate her back, he cant answer it. if you put her on her back she just screams and screams, and I only want whats best for her. Once again thank you all, thats why i love this website
    lovinsophie

Answer by lovinsophie at 12:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2008