Didn't steralize my son's pacifier

I forgot his pacifier and was out and about so I just bought him another one and let him use it without steralizing it. Then I totally forgot that I didn't do that and he used it for a couple days. Can this hurt him? Please tell me what can happen. I'm so worried now.

And moms who just wanna be mean, please dont even bother to answer. Your answers dont help, they hurt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• HE'LL BE FINE. I'VE NEVER STERILIZED MY DAUGHTER'S PACI'S, I'VE ONLY WASHED THEM.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:52 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I haven't steralized stuff for my kids since my first was born in 1997.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Yeah he's totally safe. lol, you'll get to the point when they drop it, you'll just brush it off on your shirt and pop it back in.

Despite what people say, kids need some germs to build up an immunity. Not everything has to be sterile. Don't worry yourself about too many "mistakes". :)

evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 10:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• He will be just fine : ) Like evilabbysmom said, kids really do need some germs to build up their immune system, so from time to time, our mistakes help them out.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:52 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• No worries, your baby will be fine! I steralized one of my son's pacifiers and it was ruined. From then on I would just wash them under water. However, there were times I had to just buy one and give it to him and he was absolutely fine.
    sleepymommaof2

Answer by sleepymommaof2 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Your son will be fine, I never steralized anything.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2008