Best and worst airlines and why and which you usually book flights with ( travelocity, orbitz, etc.)

reasons for best and worst airlines (fares,baggage,etc.)

1LovelyAngel

Asked by 1LovelyAngel at 5:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Travel

• Continental is the best - teriffic customer service and nice miles program. They also have more legroom and decent snacks :) I'll look up flights through Travelocity, then either book through them or with the airline directly if I'm redeeming miles.

Southwest is the worst. No assigned seats, it's like a cattle stampede at boarding. They have minimal legroom, and no snacks. The people that work for Southwest are amazing, but no customer service is worth being treated like animals.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:38 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I only use Southwest and I've always had a decent experience! We have little kids so we board before most everyone else. We always get peanuts or pretzels too (unless the weather is bad). And I book directly through them because it's always been cheaper (assuming you're going somewhere they fly to).
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I always have to go with whatever is cheapest. Air Trans however has been our favorite lately. They do not charge military for luggage and when you are traveling with 5 people that is a big savings. We used to always book through travelocity but lately orbitz has been a lot cheaper for some reason.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I worked for American Airlines for 10 years. EVERY airline has their own set of issues. Now, that I don't work for any single one, I am not loyal to any single one. Southwest is a cattle herding airline. No seat assignments. You are given a group # & grab any available seat when your group # is called. SUCKS. Air Trans has the highest flight cancellation rate in the industry. Continental has outsourced much of its maintenance. Several airlines have left passengers on the tarmac for hours on end. But, the best experience I've had since leaving AA was JetBlue to JFK. Best service ever. Nicest plane with excellent space. Free sattelite TV & radio.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 6:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Southwest has at least changed from the "herd" to a number system. You get a number in A, B, or C group and get on in order. Much better than it used to be, for sure. We use them the most because they end up to be the cheapest. But we happen to go between cities that they service. No charge for baggage with them either.

We used AirTran once and it was great.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Southwest because I'm all about efficiency and being on time. Hands down better than all the rest.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:17 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Delta...they always have a flight to where im goin...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:45 AM on Aug. 10, 2010