Do you take meat out to thaw and then change your mind and not want to cook or eat that particular type of meat?

Does this happen to you, because it happens to me all the time!
Then I'm stuck cooking some sort of meat that I have no desire to be cooking and I don't know what way to cook it and what to have with it. So what usually ends up happening is that I cook the meat and have it cold in a salad or make sandwiches with it, and sometimes reheat it.

QandA

Asked by QandA at 5:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i do that all the time too but sometimes i would get too busy too cook it and it would just go bad and i would waste all that meat. ive been getting better at it, but i also usually dont buy that much meat ahead of time. i would rather go to the store everyday and buy what im going to cook if i need too.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Sometimes we do that. When that happens the meat gets cooked and stuck in the fridge for leftovers. LOL!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Sure ,if I want something else I will prepare the meat also.Then when I use it later ,freeze if you need to, to prepare that meal it makes it quicker and easier.As long as I am cooking and putting out effort I will do a little more to make a lazier day later.I love to cook but I am also all about lazy cook days too.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 5:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I find myself pulling something out of the freezer to thaw and not wanting it at all. So i will just put it in the fridge and find something else.
    Sunnyskies177

Answer by Sunnyskies177 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I do that a lot, especially with thick cuts like roasts. Usually I put it in the refrigerator and cook it the next day or day after. I have put a half frozen roast back in the freezer a time or two (slaps wrist).
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Sure does. Too often I'll take something out which I have nothing to cook with it or the weather will turn too hot to cook it even in the toaster oven.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 7:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• All the time...lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:21 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Back when I ate meat, yes, I did that sometimes.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:23 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• All the time. It's hell on my grocery bill o.O
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 7:21 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in doing this!
    Thanks ladies.
    QandA

Comment by QandA (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2010