How can people be so horrible?!

Yesterday, I left my Coach wallet (which was a present from big sister) at restaurant when I had to abruptly leave because my son was throwing a tantrum. My wallet contained $60 cash, my debit and atm card, 2 gift cards to restaurants (also gifts), the police report number from the person that hit my car last week, and a whole slew of other things. I called the restaurant today and naturally, no one turned it in. How in the world could anyone be okay with just keeping MY wallet?! Especially if they saw me leave it and saw that I have a small child! That $60 was to pay for the chicken we are having at my son's 1st birthday party on Saturday. I don't understand the scum bags in this world.

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• Some people were not taught to have a conscience. Some people were taught right but changed as "life happened" to them. And some people just plain DON'T CARE. Some people get a kick out of hurting other people. It's an awful thing and I'm sorry it happened to you.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I know. It's disgusting. I'm so sorry. It seriously sicken me how selfish some people are these days, that they think it's okay to steal from and hurt another person for their own selfish reasons.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• that is sad...but, karma is going to hit them
    cyndimcd

Answer by cyndimcd at 5:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• That sucks. Not everyone is like that though but there are sure some money grabbers out there. I would have handed it all in...because that is exactly how I would want someone to treat me. I know that doesn't make you feel better..but some people are just scummy :(
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• People are pretty shallow. But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was your waitress that took it!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i know. i could never imagine doing that but some people just dont care about other people.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'm sorry to hear that , hopefully it will be returned soon and all intact.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• check this one out, we had to make a stop off at his brothers house and i had rent in my purse, almost seven hundred dollars. i had it shoved under my seat like i always do, we came out and my purse was gone. oh, yeah i had just left welfare so i had all three of our socails and id's init. i never found the bag. he lost his wallet, they took the twenty and dropped it in to the blue mailbox that sits on the corners.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'm so sorry that happened to you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I know what you mean! Last year i had left my choach bag in te shopping cart it had 150 in and bank cards exc, well i was bumed bc that was the last money i had for the month, the took my wallet with just my id in it and the post office mailed it to me, but they took all my stuff! it sucks!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 5:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2010