Question about Halloween makeup....

I need to look really pale (dead..lol) but I really don't want to use that white cakey makeup. I remember when I was a teenager my friend & I dressed up as vampires & her mom gave us some sort of makeup that made us look DEAD! It actually gave our skin a bluish/ transparent look. It was creepy. It was in a very tiny bottle. But I don't remember what it was. Although I remember it might have been from Avon? Any advice? Thanks!

megs1228

Asked by megs1228 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Well....whats your costume...
    I went as a Zombie a few yrs ago with nothing but the make I already had.
    LOL ... I even FREAKED out the BIG BAD guys who are scared of nothing....they looked at me...and were like....damn....I can't look at you anymore...your scarin the crap outta me.
    use cover up as a base....and darker...maroon...or greyish....even plum colored...under your eyes.....the same dark color as a bluch on your cheeks...but more defined. I wish I had pics to show you.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 8:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Hot Topic sells something called "Goth Setting Powder" which is a white compact powder that goes on smoothly.
    You can buy a pale foundation to wear under it as well.
    Avon used to sell liquid eyeshadow in a pearl white that, when thinned slightly with moisturizer, works really well too.
    Then, use accents to make the rest of your face look darker. Use blue, grey, and burgundy shades as your pallet, with hints of green.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Okay I have seen AMAZING result from using Ben Nye foundation in the shade called Death and also Ben Nye's Death Wheel. It will last all night! it is FREAKISHLY real looking. eerie actually. lol. I found a link that has some pictures of people who used it. WARNING IT could scare little kids! lol These arent the ones I saw in person. the ones in person were alot scarier! LOL

HERE IS THE LINK
    http://community.webshots.com/album/205575654mAvlRr

Also I heard this is a great one! IN BLUE http://community.webshots.com/album/205575654mAvlRr

If using them make sure you use a powder to set them! They will be messy otherwise! They also come off easy with Noxzema! LOL
    breegee

Answer by breegee at 8:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Thanks all!
    megs1228

Answer by megs1228 at 7:21 AM on Oct. 7, 2008