what's your favorite holiday? why?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 5:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• Halloween/Samhain

It's always been my favorite. It's a very spiritual day for me and it happens to be the only holiday my DH and I have in common...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Well that depends! On the overall I like Valentines Day best because I LOVE hearts! I also like Halloween because it's the best time of the year to buy black and orange items. I love those colors together. =) Otherwise, Christmas because it's a holiday that you can make last for a good month or more - all those decorations, the seasonal food and desserts, the gifts, laughter, fun, smiles. It's a wonderful time of the year.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I've always loved Christmas. I love decorating and getting the tree. Watching the kids get all excited for Santa. Hot chocolate and baking cookies. Holiday parties and getting dressed up. Something just magical about the season,,:)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Diwali ( the festival of lights)

I love the ceremonies.. The puja sessions. The lights, the parties, the fireworks,... Honestly.. I just love everything about Diwali.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• All Hallows Eve!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Halloween's always called to me. ;)
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 6:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Halloween :) I love the weather, the decorations, the smells, pumpkins, haunted houses, getting to dress up as someone or something completely different from what you are everyday. It is wonderful! It has always been my favorite holiday.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I love Christmas because it's like a magical time of the year and I love everything that comes with it like decorating the tree, decorating the house, baking cookies, Christmas eve, and Christmas day. I especially love the smile on my daughters face when she opens her presents or when we take her to see other peoples lights and seeing Santa. There is just so much to love about it. It's not just for one day, it's all month long.
    jessmom27

Answer by jessmom27 at 9:05 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.We try to do this every year.But about a week before Thanksgiving,I go downtown where most of the homeless are.We know quite a few because we were homeless ourselves at one time.About 6 yrs.ago.Anyway...we invite about 8 to 10 people to come over and have Thanksgiving with us.The feeling I get when we do this is awesome.& they enjoy a home cooked Thanksgiving spread.The best part for me tho is,before we start grubbin,I ask everyone to say one thing that they have been grateful or thankful for.I learn alot from them.& that is what i'm always thankful for.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 3:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I like Independence Day!
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 6:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2010