Can there be actual signs or hints that you're going to have the baby early

i had a couple of weird signs, and my mom said sometimes if u have weird signs you could have the baby earlier.

goodchar130

Asked by goodchar130 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Actually no. I had contractions with my daughter starting at 28 weeks along.. They put me on medication to attempt to stop the contractions and such.. They kinda worked, kinda didn't.. I ended up carrying my daughter til 40 weeks, 3 days.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• not really honestly. I guess you can say in some instances there are signs of having a baby early, but generally those things can happen to anyone. I started having contractions at about 30 weeks with my daugher. I was also dialated to 3 and 50% effaced for about 5 weeks and still had her only 5 days before my due date.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Not for me. I went into labor at 36 1/2 wks and I never had any signs before that! I labored for 4 days before he was born.
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 7:38 PM on Aug. 5, 2010