if i eat 1200 calories a day

with little to no exercise how long till i start seeing results?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• that won't work.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• That's just unhealthy. You need calories to function. Don't go less than 1600 especially if you are just starting out and I wouldn't even recommend that without doctor consent.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You always have to do diet and exercise together.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 6:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You would still need to exercise, and I still wouldnt drop the calories Danger Will Robison!
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 6:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't go under 14 or 15...and it depends on how many you eat NOW and what your weight IS for anyone to say...
    you can look up how many you should eat to weigh what you want based on your height and level of excersise (sp?)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• http://nutrition.about.com/library/bl_nutrition_guide.htm

that's a link to one of the sites that will tell you

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• That's not a healthy way to try and lose weight. And you won't lose weight really.

1. You have to exercise to lose weight in a healthy manner. Your body had to burn calories.
    2. Depending on your size and age. 1200 calories a day may not be a healthy number, enough to sustain your body in a healthy state.

People can lose weight from starving themselves to death. But they can also experience negative health effects, and they can rapidly regain (and gain more) weight once they start eating again.

I'm 47yrs old, 5'9 and I honestly couldn't tell you what I weigh (I haven't been on a scale in 15yrs.. lol) I some form of exercise everyday even if it's just for 30minutes.. (run ..walk...yoga.... weight lifting..etc) , and I (doc recommendations) have a daily intake of 1600-1800 calories a day.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You may initially lose, but your body will quickly think its starving and alter your metabolism.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 6:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was eating 1200 calories a day and exercising for 45 to 60 mins a day. I lost two inches over a 12 week period, I felt good, sexy and strong. Thats when I was out of work, since I am back to work I dont have time to work out 60 mins a day I gained all my weight back. Grrr so frustrating.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 6:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i lost weight like that for a while.
    while seeing the number drop was great, i looked horrible and still had body fat.
    yeah, i lost a few inches here and there, but i looked haggard. i really regret it.
    you would be better off by exercising to create the calorie deficit.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 12:55 AM on Aug. 6, 2010