Induction?

I get really tired of hearing all of the negative hype about being induced instead of letting your body go into labor. I have a history of placenta issues and I had a huge hemmhorage last time so we just induce once we know the babies lungs are mature. This reduces the risk of anything traumatic or fatal happening to me or baby. It's the sensible thing to do.
Have you been induced? Did people give you negative comments?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 6:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was induced with my 3rd at 38 weeks and it was a wonderful experience. I've never had anyone make a rude comment to me, but I wouldn't care if they did - my daughter is healthy, happy, and her birth was a joyous experience no matter how it happened.

Answer by missanc at 8:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Most people who make a lot of those types of negatives comments do not take into consideration all that goes with it. They just assume that being induced means you don't want to wait.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 6:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• All I can say is Perfect people can always find a reason to look down on others... Apparently this site is full of perfect people, with perfect bodies and perfect families...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Your situation sounds very scary! People get so upset about inductions because people use them without giving them a second thought. It can have serious effects on the baby or the mom to be induced and that should be reserved only for women who truly need it, such as yourself. I appreciate you posting this so that mothers do have cause for concern don't feel as bad when they choose induction. Besides, it honestly not the mother's issue, it's the doctor's. Doctors should use better judgement when deciding who to induce.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 6:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have been induced, but not by choice. I personally don't believe in induction, but my son had some heart decel issues that required induction at 35 weeks. He was born not breathing.. and it was a very hard labor.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was induced with my 2nd pregnancy due to low fluid and the baby's weight was low I think it is okay to be induced for medical reasons but if it is just because a person dosent want to be prego anymore or etc that is very different and no I had no negative comments and I believe induction is harder on labor.
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 6:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• yes I was,at 37 weeks due to being high risk from my previous pregnancy ending in a stillbirth. No one gave me attitude for the induction.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was induced for a medical reason with my first. I think the hype of negativity is stemming from the amount of doctors using induction when it isn't medically necessary.

Personally, my induction was very traumatic, even though I knew I had to do it to save my baby. I would never choose an optional induction, though.
    abra

Answer by abra at 6:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was induced both times, I'm sure I will be with this one as well. The ONLY time I see a reason to be negative about induction is if it's done early and simply for the convenience of the mother... I had a friend who CHOSE to be induced at 36 weeks because she didn't want stretchmarks...

I had two wonderful and painless births thanks to inductions and w/o them neither of my children - or most likely myself - would have survived because my body does not make the right chemicals to naturally labor. I was at 42.5 and 41.5 weeks with them... Both were happy and healthy and birth was wonderful for me... I'm hoping for a 3 for 3 with this one...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was induced with my DD at 38 weeks (, and if I were to get pregnant again, I'd do it the same way. It was kind of fun getting to pick her birthday. :)
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2010