Inhaling bleach 25 weeks pregnant?

My mother-in-law cleaned some things in the basement tub last week and I just went down there to do some laundry and I was in there for about two minutes, made me gag and get really light headed... I asked my husband he went down and did not smell anything, so maybe since my senses are heightened maybe made it more intense, but could being around it just for that short time harm the baby? Can you still get birth defects at 25 weeks, by things like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you were only down there for a few minutes, smelled it, and left, I wouldn't worry about your exposure...obviously you wouldn't want to have that little bit of exposure all the time, but I seriously doubt anything happened to you in that time.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• No, smelling chemicals like bleach would not harm the baby it just make you do exactly how your body reacted; get light headed and want to puke. Active drugs taking and alcohol intake could harm the baby.

I would worry about things like falling and stress, be careful with those 2 things.
    If you feel cramps or notice any bleeding then contact your doctor immediately. DON'T THINK ABOUT IT DON'T ASK "SHOULD I" JUST GO!!!! All the doctor could say to you is aww you are just paranoid because this is your first baby. Take of you and that precious one inside you.
    MS.TAI75

Answer by MS.TAI75 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2008