Mailman does not show up until 6 or seven at night?

When does your mailman come?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 6:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• used to be by 9am (we live 3 blocks from the post office) but they're doing alot of changes with our mailcarriers so some days its early and some days its not until 4pm or so :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:20 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• wow i would report it, i dont think thats normal....we get ours usually at 4 every day
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:20 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Hi, I am a letter carrier with 26 yrs in the Post office. Changes started two years ago. Due to a drop in volume, postal mgmt decided to eliminate a certain amount of routes in each office. These eliminated routes where added to other routes. They also tried to square our area off. So where as I was going across an intersection to get to the other part of my route, they have me staying on the one side and added to my delivery load. Next year we have machines coming in to sort the magazines for us and most of our time witl be spent on the street delivering mail. The Post office is scrambeling like everyone else to save money and that means changes for all of us. Thats why delivery times are changed or not consistant....we also have scanners now and we have to scan bar codes at certain times everyday...so no,,,we arent going home and taking long, long lunches. I heard they are going to be installing GPS trackers next....:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Anytime between 11 and 5. It depends on if he goes home in the after noon or not...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Its a crap shoot, sometimes the mail comes at 9am and sometimes it comes at 4:30pm. I never seem to have the same mail person and I occasionally get the WRONG mail.... CrZAy....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• around 10am
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 6:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• mine comes around 3 pm

I think I figured it out though, the closer I live to the post office, the later my mail comes. I think they work backwards on the way back to the post office to drop off the truck.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Funny you should ask this. We got our mail at 7 last night! I think she forgot our or something. Usually she comes around 3.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• depends on which carrier it is that day. Rarely as early as 230, usually around 330, sometimes as late as 5.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 6:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• 3-4 pm
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2010