Inhaling bleach 25 weeks pregnant?

My mother-in-law cleaned some things in the basement tub last week and I just went down there to do some laundry and I was in there for about two minutes, made me gag and get really light headed... I asked my husband he went down and did not smell anything, so maybe since my senses are heightened maybe made it more intense, but could being around it just for that short time harm the baby? Can you still get birth defects at 25 weeks, by things like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you should be fine!! you werent there long enough.
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 10:15 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• UR JUST FINE! and ur baby is too. Its great that ur doing eveything poss to have a healthy baby and u will.
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• You can also switch to vinegar and baking soda for cleaning while you're pregnant. It will disinfect and add some drops of peppermint or lavendar oil and that smell will stay when the vinegar smell goes away. I switched to cleaning with this and acutally have better results than I do with conventional cleaning products; plus it's cheaper.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 5, 2008