What's the best compliment you've ever received?

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 6:21 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My mother gave my daughter for her 4th birthday, a baby tumble doll. Laura was so very excitied. When she opened the doll she practically hugged the stuffing out of her. Neither her nor my other 3 children noticed it was a black doll. My brother and his wife and children did notice and commented to my mother. The next day, my mom called me to tell me I was raising the children correctly. They don't care about race when looking at a person. She said she was very ashamed of my brother and his family. You have to know my mother to appreciate this story, because compliments were few and far between with her and when you got one, it was from the heart!
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I've been told I am a great mother and that one makes me very proud. And lately I am told that I do not look like I'm 39, that helps in the vanity department:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• my principal once told me that if he could clone me and put me in every classroom in the school that he would have no worries... :) and there were special moments in IEP meetings where a parent would thank me for the way i explained stuff to their kid, that was moving. i get much less praise now that i am staying at home. dont know if i am just worse at it than teaching or the critics are meaner!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• That not only am I a good mom but that I'm a good person.
    dhhaj

Answer by dhhaj at 7:38 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• my DH always tells me that god must have took the stars to make my eyes because they are Amazing! LOL he is so silly!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You're doing amazing with your (autistic) son
    My mom is not big at dishing out compliments. This one amazed me.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• That I had beautiful eyes
    I was a great mother
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 6:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• *have
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 6:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I can't even remember compliments, but I take care of what i need and I know I do a great job. Despite no one dolling out a star on my frig each day. We aren't always right, but it helps.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 6:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I've been told "you're the best I ever had". like the Drake song :)
    katiliffe1982

Answer by katiliffe1982 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010