Is this dishonest or would you do it?

I have a dentist appointment tommorrow to have my wisdom teeth pulled. Since I am going to be sedated with an IV I will not be allowed to drive myself home. Because of this the dentist requires that you bring your ride home with you to the appointment and that they sit in the waiting room for the hour or so they surgery will take and then they drive you home. The problem is my husband and I do not have a car (or a driver's licence for that matter) and I was unable to find someone who is wiling to sit there while I get it done so what we are thinking of doing is having my husband's parents drop us off (they can't stay because Dad just had surgery and is in pain) and they will take our 2 year old to their house to care for him for an hour. My husband will wait in the waiting room as my "ride" and I will get the teeth pulled. After the procedure, hubby will call his parents to pick us up and drive us home.

luvsmysonjames

Asked by luvsmysonjames at 6:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Health

• My opinion as long as you aren't driving it seems like the best option you have! I think it's actually quite ingenious and I would probably do the same thing if I were in your boat.
    beckythenewmom

Answer by beckythenewmom at 6:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• That's fine.All they care about is that you get home safe.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• honestly, as long as you know they are coming to get you, I'd do it! It's not like you're faking it so you can drive yourself home or anything.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• As long as someone else is driving you, I don't think it matters. You could even call a cab.
    abra

Answer by abra at 6:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'd just be up front with the office staff...seems a lot less hassle in the long run. Good luck with those pesky wisdom teeth!
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 6:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Is it dishonest? Yeah
    Would I do it? Yeah

Although honestly I would simply explain what you just said here to the dentist if anyone asks.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I mean, what are they honestly going to do when find out that hubby is not driving? Take me back in and put the teeth back? I think as long as I am not driving that's the important thing.
    luvsmysonjames

Comment by luvsmysonjames (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think that sounds fine...
    KrhMsh

Answer by KrhMsh at 6:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• How is that dishonest?
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 6:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Just tell them that your ride is going to pick you up. There is nothing wrong with that.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2010