What to replace the diaper changing table with once they're potty trained?

He has a dresser on one wall, bed on another, a closet on the other wall, and the diaper changing table on the last wall (of course toys in corners and other small things, but that's the main stuff).

He's not potty trained yet, but I was just thinking about it. Maybe a larger toy? I don't know. What did YOU replace the diaper changing table with?

ours

Asked by ours at 6:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A bookshelf for big kid books might be good. Our changing table is inside the closet, so we'll just have more closet space when it's gone (which should be very soon).
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My changing table was actually much more than that. The section that slid out to put the dirty butts on became a pull out DESK... it actually had a matching hutch you could buy for the top to be used as a bookcase. I bought it 18 years ago and we still have it, downstairs in the basement and use it daily!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Ours transformed into a dresser after it was no longer needed as a diaper changing table.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 6:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I still use the changing table. Mine has two shelves, so put baskets in them and orgamize various toys there. However, what would be neat for him would be a train table if possible
    haydall

Answer by haydall at 6:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I like the bookshelve idea.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 6:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Mayby you could paint his wall with chalk board paint? It could be his own little gallery! I still use the changin table. I bought DS his own fish tank fo rhis room and that is where the tank is now.
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 12:58 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• My daughter has a bookshelf.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:14 AM on Aug. 8, 2010