Kittens kittens and more flippin kittens

Anyone know of any free/very reduced price spay/neuter programs in SE Ohio? I heard what sounded like a newborn kitten meowing under my porch last night, and ripped a board off of my wheelchair ramp to get to it. I found one of the neighborhood strays underneath and 7 babies just born yesterday. I am willing to keep them (holy lord I am nuts) if I can get them fixed (there are no cat shelters left here, and I won't let anyone kill them).

ColleenF30

Asked by ColleenF30 at 9:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pets

• Help us end pet overpopulation!
    Call us toll-free at 1-800-248-SPAY (1-800-248-7729). Our phone counselors are available Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST
    also low cost in ohio from www.spayusa.org
    OHIO
    SPAY OHIO
    877-644-6446
    4 to 8 p.m.
    CamsMom82208

Answer by CamsMom82208 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Its not horribly expensive to fix a cat, particularly males. I have two males and I took them in to be fixed, declawed, get a check-up and to get their shots all in one appointment and it was $126 for everything. If you were just taking them in to be fixed, I think its more like $40-$50 for males, a little more for females. You could call around to vets for rates and see if they will give you any kind of break for having so many you need done..."group discount"?
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I think there is a government program you can apply for. I would call your local vets, and ask around. Maybe they can help. :)
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 10:01 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• If your close to Portsmouth, OH there is a humane society that has certain days when they spay/neuter for cheap...just google Ohio Humane Socity it should come up and i think the next one is Oct 15
    TatuMama07

Answer by TatuMama07 at 10:04 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• also you can call your vets about free spay/neuter. here in texas about once a month they have a spayneuter drive where its first come first serve and its a mobile vet bus, so ask into that too. your vets and shelters will know all about those things
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• We got our dog done thru the humaine society for like $20. Call your local humaine society or pound.

Good luck!!

http://www.4yourfam.com

lovin2Bme

Answer by lovin2Bme at 9:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2008