Do you believe in paedobaptisim?

(aka: baptizing infants)

abra

Asked by abra at 6:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• no. I believe in waiting until the child is old enough to understand the decision and make it for him/herself
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• no. I think they should be able to decide when they are adults whether or not to join a religion. i don't believe in the idea that they won't go to heaven unless baptised either. That's just sick.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think it's cool to dedicate your lives to raising your child in God, if that's what you believe, I'm not sure about baptizing them though.
    ToraMay

Answer by ToraMay at 6:54 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Frankly I don't think it matters one way or the other.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• This is an interesting question. I was baptized as an infant. I am now active in a church and considering joining. I will have to be baptized again because baptism is the outward proclamation of your inner faith. When I was baptized as a baby, I did not have a faith or even a belief in Christ, I was still a sinner. From what I know now, Baptism happens after you are saved and accept Christ as your savior. No my son is not baptized.
    simplysmiles13

Answer by simplysmiles13 at 6:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• No. Baptist should be the individual's choice when they are old enough and mature enough to make that decision for themselves.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 6:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• IMO, baptism of infants or very young children, in lieu of waiting til they're old enough to comprehend and decide for themselves, would be the same as registering them to vote..and expecting a fully informed choice to be made at the polls.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• No. I feel they have to wait until they can make the decision on their own
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 7:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes. An infant or a 12 year old are still there because their parents brought them.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• NO, religion and spirituality are very personal things. If a person is to young to make an educated and personal choice they shouldn't be being baptized.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2010