For the ladies who have tried curves...

Did you like it? What's it like? How much does it cost? Do they help you with a diet plan ... or just exercise? How long were you a member? And finally... did you have any success with it?

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• LOVED IT!!!! It was great. You put as much effort into as you wish. There is usually a hefty start-up fee but I know that in my area they waive it once a year during their food drive (bring in a bag of food and the fee is waived). I think the monthly fees are around $35. They do offer a diet plan thingy but that is extra. Otherwise it's just exercise. I was a member for many years and it helped me lose a bunch of weight (I also watched what I ate). I recommend it to anyone who asks!
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 11:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Way back when I was a teenager, my mom and I joined. It was about $45 dollars a month for both of us (Since I was a minor it was like $15 for me). The club we joined was mostly exercise, but were very helpful with food stuff, they answered basic questions and had referals for more in depth things. I believe we were members for maybe a year, or a little less. I liked it a lot more than my mom. I lost about 10 pounds in that year (went from 135 to 125) and maintained that weight for a while. I liked the circut, but after trying other gyms, I really dont think I would go back to curves. But I really do think its a very good place to start if you dont know much about muscle groups/exercise in general. Its what really kicked off my desire for a healthy lifestyle (Im a bit of a health freak now haha)!
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 11:54 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I won a free week and got the info and didnt go back...it works tho...lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:50 AM on Aug. 8, 2010