MICHIGAN Alimony question HELP SOON PLEASE

I live in Michigan...going throught the divorce process on own...NEED CASE HISTORY TO TRY TO SETTLE...PLEASE, PLEASE FLOOD MY QUESTION WITH ANY MICHIGAN PERFER EXPERIENCE OF ALIMONY! My story is this...he cheated, got letters saying he is sorry for cheating as proof, has two DUI's, one domestic violence againist step daughter, we've been married 14 years, we have two sons, he makes $4,663.00 FOC already did investigation, I make $248.00 a month right now, have made in the past up to $2,000 but got laid off, been mostly a stay at home mom through the years but did supplement income of on the adverage a $1,000 doing odd jobs . My question is, we are negotiating alimony, I can't seem to get a straight answer from lawyers or history on what I should agree on. If you can, tell me how much you recieved so I can make sure Im not paying lawyers to get about the same that we can already agree on maybe, please answer soon!

wilmasap

Asked by wilmasap at 6:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Can't help you - I am in Minnesota. I believe my state doesn't even recognize Alimony (unless the husband wants to pay it). But here's a bump for ya
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2010