Moving my girl to a toddler bed!!!

We have to move our 21 month old to a toddler bed because she is starting to climb out of her crib and we do not want her getting hurt.
I was curious how hard is this going to be to get her to stay in bed at night time now? i think she is going to constantly be climbing out of bed to play with her toys. What did you do to get them to stay in there bed at night time?

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 6:54 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I moved mine at 13 mos and it was easy! At least until she hit 20 mos... I didn't mind her getting up to play with her toys and really only kept books in her room to encourage a more sleepy atmosphere. I also shut the door and she knew better than to open it at bedtime because she would end up right back in her bed! At 20 mos she would just lay and scream even if I rocked her to sleep so that was when we really started CIO.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:58 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• my daughter kept getting up in the middle of the night for a few nights. She was so cute! she'd try to get back in bed but would fall asleep half in bed ;o)

what really helped my kids was allowing them a couple toys in bed , not noise making toys of course but a couple stuffed animals or for my son he liked cars (even though I can't figure out how that'd be comfortable to sleep with LOL)

also darkness helped a lot. If they can't see, they can't play.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I thought it would be hard too but my dd does great! she is asleep within 15 mins and I co-slept and rocked her before that. She's been in her big girl bed for about 3 months now:)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2010