A question about Progesterone meds during pregnancy...

I have issues with low progesterone. With my last preg. I was put on progesterone vaginal suppositories until 13 weeks. We moved and I went in to see an ob about this issue as we are ttc again. He told me that once I get a positive pregnancy test to call and they'd give me a prescription...but he said I should just take the 200mg pill instead of the vag. suppository. He said it worked just as well. Does it? What is your experience with this? I am TERRIFIED of havin a m/s because of this issue (I had 3 early m/s due to low progesterone...then I took a pg test at 10 days dpo got a positive and drove as fast as I could to the ob to get the script of progesterone suppositories). Now here I am nervous to trust what he is saying about a pill working as good as the 200 mg pill. What do you think?

newmamanew2town

Asked by newmamanew2town at 6:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'll tell you what my OB said - "if this worked for you last time, lets keep the mojo going." :) If you're not convinced it's going to work the same, jsut request the suppositories. I know they're not fun, sorry.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I don't know which one works better. I just wanted to wish you the best of luck TTC.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 7:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was put on the progestrone shot at 24wks I am 34wks now and got my last dose Tuesday I was given the shot to help lenghtin my pregnancy.
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 7:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i took 200mg Progesterone pills to get pregnant and until 13 weeks. I have had 4 miscarriages, 1 healthy child and I am currently 9 months pregnant with my second child. After the miscarriages I found out I had low progesterone levels so my ob put me on it to level me out and also to prevent me from having another miscarriage. I would say it worked b/c within 3 months i was pregnant and getting ready to have this little guy anyday.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 7:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was given shots every week. I would assume the pill is just as good if not better because at least the medication won't "leak" out. Seriously you need to find a doctor you TRUST.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2010