Is this God's way of saying yes?

A couple nights ago I prayed and asked God to give me and my husband another baby girl. The next day a friend of mine gave me a ton of infant girl clothes for NO apparent reason. I don't have a baby (my kids are 3 and 5) and this friend has no idea I want another one. Oddly enough her best friend just had a baby girl a few weeks ago, so I would have thought she'd have given them to her but she didn't. Do you think this was God's way of saying yes to my prayer? I know the proof will be my pregnancy, I'm just wondering if this is a "sign" of what is to come.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• God does crazy stuff to encourage us and I don't see why it wouldn't be a sign. Plus if you think it is, then that is the important thing! I so hope that you get your baby girl! I will be thinking of you! Keep us posted if you can!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• It is possible that God put it on your friends heart to give you the clothes as means of encouragement so that you will not give up. Best of luck TTC number 3!!!
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 7:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Are you saying God told her to give you the clothes?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I agree...God works in mysterious ways :)
    But I'm wondering, what was the reason your friend had for giving you the clothes?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• what mommt2be said!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You never know. It could be a sign. Then again, I had lots of things that I took to be signs, and was disappointed more times than I can count. I hope you will learn soon that you are PG with #3!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 8:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• always expect the unexpected! the lord works in mysterious ways!
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:02 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Any thing is possible. I believe in signs. I also believe this may be one of those signs.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:14 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I don't think so, but that's just me. I do think He will answer your prayer if He wants you to have a baby girl.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:30 AM on Aug. 7, 2010