i had 2 forcep deliveries , did anyone else feel like they were being literally ripped in two

maymummy

Asked by maymummy at 7:20 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Health

• My sister had one and it looked terrible. Blood literally shot across the room when her daughter came out. I even got blood on me! She had a really bad tear after.
    mommypip

Answer by mommypip at 7:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Poor mama. I have not but I've watched videos of them and they look excruciating. How are you healing? After my first birth the midwives gave me frozen pads with witch hazel on them. They felt amazing and really helped with the healing.

I don't know anything about your specific situation but I know most forcep deliveries can be avoidable. Let me know if you're interested and I'd be happy to share what I know so that if you have any more children you might be able to avoid that pain.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 7:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• well i just had a c section in may for my 3rd as i have post traumatic stress from the forceps , it hurt after but that was nothing compared to the feeling of pulling as they were yanking her out , my gosh ill never forget
    maymummy

Comment by maymummy (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2010