what/how many clothes are necessary for school?

First off i would like to apologize for my horribly worded question, i just could not find a way to articulate exactly how i wanted to ask. So the question really is, how many pairs of pants and shirts should one buy for back to school time? My twins will be starting K in 20 days in Alaska, and i am not too sure how much to buy. if it were up to me i would throw out their entire wardrobe and start over, however that would not be most cost effective LOL

abbi-lukesmom

Asked by abbi-lukesmom at 7:21 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I bought my son 7 new outfits one for each day! He stll has other clothes and are older and still good for school
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 7:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I agree with the above, something "new" for the first week...then kinda mix and match from there with what they already have...mybe some extra shirts that can go with shorts/jeans t hey already have to make it look like an all new outfit...and maybe 2 pairs of shoes!!! for that age its not as serious!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• We always start off with 10 pairs of pants and 10 shirts.. so he doesn't have to wear anything twice in a 2 week period.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 7:36 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• 5 pairs of pants and 7 shirts for each boy and they share clothes. we don't have room for any more than that.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 8:20 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I buy one or two outfits at a time, every couple of weeks so they always have something "new" and it works better with our budget rather than buying everything at one time. My kids have roughly 6-7 pairs of pants, and 15-20 shirts at any one time.

Answer by missanc at 8:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• 10 shirts 10 shorts..
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 10:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Take inventory of what you have that will last a while and then go from there. I typically buy anywhere from 5-10 new tops and about 4 or 5 pairs of pants for my son. A couple of pairs of new shoes, and a couple of hoodies that can be rotated out.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Enough for 1-2 weeks, depending on how many times you want to do laundry. I try to buy for 2 weeks worth.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 9:59 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• At least 5 pairs of bottoms and 8-10 tops. A couple of long sleeve tees or thermals that can be layered with other tops and a light jacket or sweatshirt.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 10:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Being in Alaska, not sure about about how many, but I would recommend things that could be layered,and fleece is really nice to have when its cold out.
    Ysobel

Answer by Ysobel at 11:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2010