Would you take a lower paying job?

Would you take a lower paying job (a lot lower) to leave a job you are very unhappy in?

Peajewel

Asked by Peajewel at 8:20 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• yes I would. People who are in my field usually make a lot more money than I make. I work for a non profit organization and therefore, I make less money. BUT, I'm a lot happier then I know I would otherwise be.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:21 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Only if the job I was taking was in a position/job that I would love.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 8:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes I would. Happiness is so much more important than Money. If you are unhappy at your job you usually bring it home to your Family and it affects everyone.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 8:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yep. My happiness, my comfort, and maintaining a healthy balance in my life is far far more important to me than money is.

Unhappiness and stress at work bleeds over into other parts of life.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• yes I would and I have! and 2 years later money doesn't matter I am home every night with my family!
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 8:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• As long as the bills get paid.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think if you are not happy in a job, sooner or later you will no longer have that job. It will get to a point you will not want to work at it any more and you will want to move on. If you take a lower paying job, than the one you already have, will you be upset at a pay reduction. That's really the question being asked. More work for less money. If you get less pay to begin with or are accustom to bringing home, and you can financially do it, until either they give an increase or something better comes along, then I would be all for that kind of thinking. However, if the salary stays at that level, and their are no other benefits it's really a difficult decision to make.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• yes!
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• No, I will not I will make the best of it. U don't know if u will find another job making decent money again . And whose to say the job your going to will be any better.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes! I did just that before I had my 4th child. I was very unhappy and without even talking to my fiancee (I know that was wrong, but he had been telling me for a while to quit) I gave my 2 weeks and took a lower position that I enjoyed much more.

Answer by missanc at 8:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2010