What's the farthest you've traveled on vacation? How was it?

carina.g

Asked by carina.g at 8:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Travel

• I went to Italy and did a tour. It was beautiful and I would LOVE to go back.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• We just went to Santorini, which is a small island off the coast of Greece. It was amazingly beautiful, but it was so stressful to get there. We didn't take our son and I missed him dreadfully. We had a great time, but I was very happy to get home to my monster boy :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I've been to England and Scotland, it was awesome!
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• about 1500 miles. we went to PA and had a blast! we stayed in a cabin in the mountains. we had a bear come up to the cabin, swam in waterfalls, and toured Philly. it was amazing!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• The farthest from home I have ever been was on a tributary of the Amazon River at night, in a tiny canoe, pushing vines out of the way as we paddles our way through. I don't know if it's the farthest in miles, but looking out at two tiny red dots (the reflections of our flashlights in a caiman's eyes), pushing a vine away from my face that turned out to be a spider's nest not a vine, and looking up at unfamiliar stars, felt farther than any other trip I've been on.

How was it? Amazing!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 8:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i went to st. thomas in the virgin islands. it was ok.... we were visiting family and didn't get to go anywhere. just sat around, but it was pretty
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• In oe weeks worth of travel, I had my feet in both oceans Atlantic and Pacific that was cool!! Now I want the Gulf of Mexico and I would love to dip my tootsies in the great lakes. Guess I'm a water girl LOL
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 8:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Well we live in Alaska so it's about 1500 miles to get to Seattle then off from there, we have done Las Vegas, Florida, East Coast, Oregon, California, taken cruises from Los Angeles and Tampa. So to get anywhere from here it's a day's travel! Which sucks most of the time because we leave on the redeye.
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 8:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• LA... It was AWESOME!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• South Island of New Zealand- beautiful country.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2010