Have you tried the C25K?

I have been doing it and kicking butt in it. But since I reached week 7 I have had such a hard time. I am doing it but my distance has changed. I had to slow down my pace in order to keep the time. Can anyone tell me if this is an issue?

Peajewel

Asked by Peajewel at 8:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Sorry, what is it?
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Sorry, I guess I should have explained....it is a program to teach you to become a runner! It gives you week by week directions on your running schedule. You do it three times a week. It stands for couch to 5k in 9 weeks.
    Peajewel

Comment by Peajewel (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Distance first, speed will follow. As you get used to running the distances you'll be able to do them faster. So if you need to slow down, slow down and don't sweat it.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 8:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i started it again.
    the first time was outside, but in nc it got HOT.

i made my own playlist and it's helped me out more this time.
    i'm doing it on a treadmill so i know i'm not getting as much benefit as being outside.

you said you have to slow down to keep time...
    not sure i follow.

the way i understand it, it's 5k or running for 20-30 minutes by the end.
    some people that i know focus on the distance while others concentrate on the time.

mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 12:52 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Don't worry about speed yet. Slow down if you need to. You are building your endurance now. Once you get your endurance built you can think about speed if you want. Your first 5k goal should just be to finish. That will be your PR (personal record). Once you have your PR you can work on your time goals. There is a great group on CM called "running moms".
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 8:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Wow! Thanks! I was just worried because I did so good when I first started and I was doing well during the times that I ran. But now that I am running for 25 minutes I have to slow that pace down by a lot. So, I will not stress over that and just do the 25 minutes. It is just so hard to not look at the distance and think I am not doing as well as I was before! ;) Thanks all!
    Peajewel

Comment by Peajewel (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Sounds like you are doing well GL.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:51 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Keep up the good work...you will get there...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:48 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Keep working on your endurance. Your speed will come.

sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 10:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2010