anyone else sensitive to Perfumes/House Sprays/Lotion/ect.

Is anyone sensitive to perfumes and other stuff? I cant wear perfume or lotion because it makes me sick to my stomach or gives me a migraine.I have to be careful with my deodorant too..
And Im always afraid to go to other peoples house because House Sprays, candles, scents do the same thing.

Anyone else? Anyone ever "fixed" it?

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Health

• I do have troubles too. Gives me tummy aches as well as headaches at times. I do talk to family about how things get to me and they try not to wear perfume etc. too much when they come to my house for a visit. My Mom's the same way and my sister is as well. Baby powder is the WORST for me. Even small amounts like in lotions are too much. I do wear light fragrance body sprays but not in excess.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 9:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I don't get migraines (I think...) but a lot of scents do make my throat itch. Luckily, I don't know many people who use a lot of those things, so I'm usually OK. But stuck in an elevator with the wrong perfume practically KILLS me.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes, I have migranes and if I'm around a heavy scented perfume I'll get a very bad headache, at it doesn't take long. I've actually moved away fr people at work bec of that. I get asthma also, so I have to be careful around smoke, it makes me weeze, so I go to non smoking. I see an asthma and allergist Dr. and get shots.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• my husband is. so i'm doomed to a lifetime of smelling bland lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I get migraines from scented oils of any kind and I'm allergic to pine & orange oils (that they use in cleaners) but luckily, most perfumes don't bother me to much - the ones that do though, throw me for a loop!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have problems as well as my SO's mom. I use free and clear detergent and I have to stand in the shampoo aisle forever sniffing to find one that won't make me wheeze. I also have to read ingredients on soaps b/c I am allergic to tea tree oil which they are now putting in every stinkin' soap. I feel your pain. LOL
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I can't stand pine scents, my sinuses go crazy! 409 is even worse, I was stopped up for 6 weeks. I don't use either anymore.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:30 AM on Aug. 6, 2010