I need a chocolate frosting recipe

I had a recipe that my mom (and I) used for years that contained a raw egg. I know you aren't suppose to use raw eggs anymore, but I have never had any problem. This was the best chocolate frosting recipe ever! Not too sweet or heavy. Can any of you help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Whipped Chocolate Frosting
    2 cups powdered sugar
    1/2 cup milk
    2 pasteurized eggs
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    4 squares (1 ounce each) bittersweet or unsweetened baking chocolate
    6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter

Place sugar, milk, eggs, salt and vanilla in bowl over a mix of ice and water. Stir until eggs are broken.

In glass measure in microwave, melt chocolate and butter together. Add to egg mixture in bowl and beat until frosting holds its shape, about 7 minutes. Makes enough to frost a 13-by-9-inch cake.

---------

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
    1 cup chocolate chips
    3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) temperature butter, room temperature
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 cup milk
    2 egg yolks from pasteurized eggs

Melt chocolate chips in microwave oven or top of double boiler. Let cool slightly.

In bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add vanilla, milk and chocolate. Beat thoroughly, about 1 minute. Add yolks and beat about 1 minute. If mixture is too soft, refrigerate but for only a few minutes. Makes enough to frost a 13-by-9-inch cake.

---------

Southerncharmes

• This recipe doesn't contain any eggs, but it is silky and not heavy at all, and not too sweet either.
    Melt 1/2 stick butter and then whisk in 1/3 cup of cocoa and 1-2 tbsp of coffee or espresso until smooth. The coffee brings out the flavor of chocolate. In your mixer, using a paddle attachment if you have one (makes it creamier), combine 1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, 1/2 stick softened butter, 2 tsp vanilla, and the chocolate mixture. Add in 3 cups of powdered sugar and a pinch of salt. Mix until smooth, check for consistency and taste. If needed, you can add up to 1 cup additional powdered sugar, depending on the stiffness you need.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2008