Hi, I am a working mom with a stay at home dad.

I am now expecting a third child but husband he is not working. What should I do?

3babies1977

Asked by 3babies1977 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• What are your options?

Answer by admckenzie at 8:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Tell him it's time to get a job! Otherwise start saving like crazy for your upcoming maternity leave.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'm not understanding what you're asking.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Are you wanting to stay home this time? What's the question?
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• well... if it ain't broke....

i have more earning potential than my husband and never in my life wanted to be a SAHM... i enjoy the stimulation of working and interaction with adults. i was a single parent though, and that probably had alot to do with it - balance... i'm pregnant now and enjoying being unemployed but hubby and i are working on building a business of being self employed for him. he is hoping he can earn enough so i can stay home with the baby and this is something that is way more attractive to me - at least for the first bit - i want to breastfeed, etc., but it would make alot of sense financially for us for him to be the one that stays home - the business requires off hours so wouldn't completely interfere, just some minor adjustments it seems. i think he would be perfectly content to work from home and care for our son, it would save us money, and provide stability.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• yeah it is good but it is also ok to take turns
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My husband stayed home with my boys for awhile. He really enjoyed it and it was good for the kids. Do you want him to stay home?
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:43 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• This is between you and your spouse.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2010