Do you want to date a "gentleman?"

I just saw this in another question, which made me wonder if women really like that kind of thing... For me, if a man holds the door or pulls my chair out, the date is WAY over... I find it to be very demeaning and disrespectful... I mean really? Do women want men to be like that? What ever happened to equality?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope

Answer by admckenzie at 9:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think every once in awhile is sweet but to do it everyday is annoying.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Guess I am old fashioned because yes I do want to be treated nicely... he can be a gentleman in the streets and a freak under the sheets. (: Nothing wrong with that.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Hmmm, I feel sorry for you. We have been married 30 yrs and my husband still opens the car door for me. I think it's great.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Thanks... I was thinking I was just a weirdo! lol!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I don't mean they can't be nice... But I can do for my own. I haven't needed a daddy since I was 3!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I love it when my DH holds the door open for me and all that mushy stuff. It makes me feel like a princess!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• my husband never holds the door open for me, but complete strangers always do! i think it's very nice since i have 3 kids and my hands are always occupied. it doesn't offend me, actually it annoys me that my husband is not considerate enough to do that. it's not like he's cutting up the food for you or something lmao
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have dated a lot of jerks, I was married to a jerk. Oh yeah,,,Im so ready for a gentleman!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think when a man holds a door or helps with a chair that it is showing respect, just the opposite of your feelings. Sometimes doors are heavy to open, and the woman is already encumbered with her handbag, and helping her get her chair moved the proper distance from the table is nice than her trying to do a clumsy chair scoot. I hold the door for an older person, or a challenged person. It doesn't at all mean that I don't respect them.

Answer by Bmat at 9:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2010