black hair?

I dye my hair from dark blonde to black! what was I thinking?! It looks weird on my skin tone. How can I fade it faster. i can't afford to have it stripped or I don't want to damage my hair either. Thanks

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 9:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There is really nothing you can do without stripping it. I have very very dark brown hair and when I wanted highlights they had to strip all the color out of it where the highlights would be, and then highlighted with the color I chose and then glazed all my hair in another color.... It came out awesome but I paid a price, the highlights felt like straw later. Now I'm dealing with gray! LOL... so I have mine black. (which works out because I have olive skin)
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I guess try washing it in Dawn.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:08 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• my hair is brown but i had highlights put in it so much it was like blonde so i dyed it black i was like OMG when i did it nothing helped i tried dying it like to blonde/brown but didn't work so it just has to grow out i think mine is just about grown out/faded out
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• First you have to understand that when you have blonde hair, there is no pigment in it. When you go darker, you have to put the pigment back . you can "soap cap"it, which is using a l0 volume peroxide with some shampoo. That may help lighten it up a bit. Apply peroxide into a color bottle, add the same amount of shampoo. Squirt it into your hair, then massage it in. Leave on for about 2 minutes then rinse. Don't forget to condition after. Hope this helps
    vintagemaddness

Answer by vintagemaddness at 9:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• so it will fade?! how long. I was think in maybe 6 mos I can cut it really short to cut it off, but right now I can't do that cause I would be bold!
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Good luck. I did this before. I loved my hair black but then I got sick and tired of dying it all the time, and was sick of the blonde roots...so I was trying to get it out as quickly as I could. It took forever! If you put some baking soda in with your shampoo, it will help fade it, but it takes forever. I had to go get my hair bleached...they used a 40 volume bleach...FOUR TIMES just to get all the black out! It was awful!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• *balled*
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• bald lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• thank you anonymous!.. gosh some words are the easiest to spell but you sit there thinking.
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2010