Tell us about your labor and delivery!

momx3gx1b

Asked by momx3gx1b at 9:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Gave birth at home. Midwife. 40w 5d (which is NOT late. Late is after 42 weeks is complete--pet peeve of mine! 40 is an average not the endpoint!) Age: 35 1 week before turning 36

NO vaginal checks at all. 5 hours active labor. prior to that I thought it was something I at since I was glued to the toilet. Turns out it was the baby descending--that hurt, but the contractions themselves were painless. 8lbs, 20 inches. 13.5 in head. Nuchal hand, short cord, slightly asynclytic presentation which is why labor wasn't faster. Birthed in a deep frog squat. Pushed when I wanted how I wanted. I had no interest in food, but I was thirsty and drank homemade gatorade. 1 small skid mark and a teeny tear that healed on its own. Barely any bleeding, that lasted only a few days.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:29 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Nobody likes me after I tell them. But, since you asked...6 1/2 hrs with the 1st & 1 1/2 hrs with the 2nd. Honest to God's truth!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I had to be put to sleep b/c I have a rod in my back and they couldn't get the epidural to work
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 9:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was in labor for 26 hrs, pushed for 3 and my son was born 10 lbs 0 oz I had a rough labor but I didn't give up pushing!!
    My epidural was turned down so low I felt my entire labor, pushing him out.
    aidansmyheart

Answer by aidansmyheart at 9:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• when i went into labor i was in a creek on my dh shoulders when my water broke hahaha (its gross but funny now lol) and it was about 12:30 pm and i went to the hospital around 3:30 or so and had her out in one two pushes in the same contraction,,1st push was head came out and second body came out and when i seen her i said "wtf did i just push that kid out"lol everybody laughed at me hahaha....my labor started august 2 and i had her august 3rd of 2009
    samie_01

Answer by samie_01 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Had my appt set for 2 days past my DD. Was getting ready to go and felt weird in my back @ 12:00. So, I sat down for a bit. When it stopped, I got back up to brush my hair into a pony tail. It did it again. I sat again. It kept getting worse and coming in waves in my back. I called my mom because she was supposed to be getting off work to drive me. It was an hour and a half away. I told her i thought I might be in labor. She came on and got me. We drove and it got ferociously worse. I got to the docs office and told them I thought I was in labor and he checked me and said I was 4 almost 5cm dilated. Had me walk to the hospital side and they admitted me. I was put in bed on my back and had an IV inserted. (I won't do any of that last sentence again). Later the doc came and decided I needed pitocin and to have my water broken(won;t do any of this either). Later the nurse came and asked if I felt pressure. I said ~CONT~
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• "Like I gotta go to the bathroom?" She said yes and checked me and said the baby was right there. The doc came in and 2.5 pushes later, Braden was born at 7:01pm.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Not much to tell. They were super fast. I was in labor only 1hr with my first and 3 pushes. My son, 15 mins and 2 pushes and my youngest, 10 mins and half a push.

My youngest didn't cry right away and I became nervous. The cord was wrapped around her neck. Her heart rate kept going down during delivery, too. It scared me.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 9:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• First baby I was induced from low amneotic fluid. After 48 hours of being on fluid still too low, delivered at 35 weeks. Baby was great. From time I was induced until he popped out, about 7 hours. The second baby, he wanted to come 2 months early. I lived in 2 different hospitals in pregnancy prison for a month. Then after another baby with dangerously low amneotic fluid I ended up being induced, yep after a month of drugs to keep me from having him they ended up giving me drugs to have him. He was at 36 weeks. But he was so low in my birth canal he came out on push number 3, during the first set of pushes. And both sons were fine, weighing in the 7 pound ranges. They are my buddies now. Can't wait to try for a girl.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• 4:00am water breaks, followed by intense contractions
    6:30am I arrive at hospital, was checked and 4cm.
    8:00am as I'm signing papers to receive epidural, i have contractions that feel like I need to push so i tell the nurse.
    8:05am nurse checks me and I'm 10cm, ready to push so no epidural for me
    8:15am baby Lydia makes her entrance, weighing 8lbs 15oz
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2010