how old is to old for your daughter to take a shower/bath with you

Shannon706

Asked by Shannon706 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• My DD is 8 & she still sometimes hops in with me when i am in the shower, We always talk girl stuff in the shower thinking DH can't hear us, but he said theo other day he always does hear us & laughs at us in the other room.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:20 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Never. What matters is not her age but how she feels about it. If nudity and the human body are not treated as unnatural things to be ashamed of in your home, then she shouldn't ever feel uncomfortable. Of course, she should also be taught from a very early age that it is never OK for someone to want her to be nude if she isn't OK with it, etc etc.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 9:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• As far as the same sex, IDK, later than the opposite sex. I wouldn't think after 7 or 8 they would want to shower with you anymore. I mean shower too, not bath. Guess it depends on the kid. They may not want to after 5.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My DD is ten and still hops into the shower with me on occasion. She prefers to have me wash her hair for her. I gues as long as you're still comfortable with it, then it's not a big deal.
    Bonnie

Answer by Bonnie at 10:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• It just depends. I stopped showering with my mom when I learned to wash my own hair, I have long, curly hair so I would always have a hard time. Once the water hit my head and filled my hair I literally could not hold my own head up, sad I know, so we would just shower together. Me, her and my baby sis. I stopped that around 8 years old.

DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I stopped butting my daughter in the shower about 1 1/2 years old. She was able to take small bathes by herself.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 9:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• depends on your comfort level and her comfort level.

I stopped showering with my stepson when he was about 2 and a half. he poked my southern bush and laughed ....at that point i was no longer comfortable! lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:36 PM on Aug. 5, 2010