• In the Spotlight:

Is anyone prego and considered Obese?

I have recently lost 40lbs but am still considered to be obese and I was just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat as me? I am due March 20th im about 2 months now and i already gained 3lbs. I will not let myself gain more then 20 lbs i keep telling mydelf but its easier said then done. Thanks

TPT420

Asked by TPT420 at 9:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am not now but I was. I only gained about 10 pounds. Mostly because I didn't feel well though. I don't think it's healthy to "Diet" while pregnant. If you eat lots of vegetables and lean protein, and get some exercise like walking you should be fine.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 9:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You can't only allow yourself to gain a set amount of weight while pregnant. While you should watch the sweet stuff, you shouldn't limit yourself on the healthy foods. I am a plus size mother.. My first pregnancy I lost 30 lbs. from being so sick and my second pregnancy I only gained 15lbs... I didn't watch what I ate at all. I was always so sick. But unless told so by a doctor, you shouldn't diet when pregnant... You can start thinking about your body and getting some weight off after the baby... Right now, Baby needs everything you eat... and if you can't give it to it, it starts taking nutrients from your body, like bone (teeth)
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 9:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was too but I didn't gain any weight till the last month then it was just 5lb. the Doc said no weight gain was good as long as I didn't lose weight. but being obese also made me pre-eclemsic my blood pressure was very high. I endedup on bed rest in the last month and my baby was 5 1/2 weeks early. the doc did say so but I'm sure it had to do with me being over weight to begin with. just listen to your doc and be very health conscience about the food you eat. I ate a little some thing every 3 hours or so.

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 10:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I am. I've always been heavy. The first time I was pregnant I gained 19lbs which was perfect according to my doctor. This time I am 5 months and have actually lost 1 lb which my doctor is not worried about.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 10:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2010