How long while it take once I have my Mirena IUD to get pregnant?

I started having my period when my son was 11 1/2 months old and it lasted for 3 months and then it stopped. I haven't had one since May and he is 18 months old. I am hoping my periods will return it is taken out. I am still nursing him but only in the evening and the occasional morning since I have been back to work.

Rosie225

Asked by Rosie225 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm sorry I don't understand. Are you Trying to get preg? Once U have an IUD u usually don't get preg at all (although I did) if ur Q is how long will it take once the IUD is OUT then I get that. The paperwork w/ the Mirena says that most couples trying to conceive do so within the first year after having the IUD removed. It took my SIL about 6 ms. But like I said It didn't work for me and I got preg w/ it. So no time for me...lol
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• You should be able to get pregnant immediately after having it removed because there are no hormones involved.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 5:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I will be trying to get pregnant and I am hoping it won't take too long.
    Rosie225

Answer by Rosie225 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2008