help with facebook

ok i want to post what I want to with out haveing to delete a friend just because I know it would cause a whole lot more drama.(LONG story) but anyhow I went in to the privacy setting and so that I could choose who saw my posts and made sure the person wasnt able to but if you go to her friends list, you can see my post. soo my question is, is it only showing up for me or can everyone else see it also? I hope that made since lol.

prego_jessi

Asked by prego_jessi at 10:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Entertainment

• If you set your settings so she is the "Except..." then I have to assume she can't see it. Now, there has been some discussion that if it shows on another friends feed and she visits that one then she may see it... I'm really not sure.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You have to block that person if you don't want them to see anything you post. But if you have the same friends they can still see the post on a friends page.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 10:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• there is not really much that's private on facebook especially when sharing friends

lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 10:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Even if you are able to segregate people from seeing your posts I wouldn't trust FB. There are soo many loop holes with FB that can get you around those type of security features. Like if someone is tagged in a photograph it will show up in their pictures even if their pictures are set to private. Click on a tagged photograph and go to "See photos" and ALL of their photographs/albums show up. Regardless of their privacy settings. It's loop holes like that that limit me from putting too much on my FB, because FB's security is flawed.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes you can go in and set it so that only your friends can see your stuff, not friends of your friends. Or just block her.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You can customize your settings to block all of the people you do not want to see it. I have blocked my father's adultress, my father (because she uses his account), her daughter, and my sister to where they cannot see anything from me. I blocked my husband from seeing things just to test it out and it worked. It seriously takes a lot of steps. You have to customize your settings to let friends except for those you want to see in parts like posts, pictures, tagged photos, wall posts by you, wall posts by friends, etc. It's a pain in the ass and I really think facebook should go a few steps further in privacy. For instance, going online, we should be able to pick and choose who we want to see us as being online.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Whenever you make a post there is a little gray lock. Before you actually make the post click on it and it will allow you to customize it so that you can block some people from seeing it or only allow a certain few to see it. You will still be able to see it but whomever you have blocked won't.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 12:32 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• FB privacy setting's SUCK ASS! They have a LONG way to go to fix the many gaps in privacy they still have. Best bet is to NOT POST things you dont want everyone in the world to see.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:42 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'm not sure how well that would work out with out blocking her completely.
    deminika

Answer by deminika at 2:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2010