do you have extreme pain in your ears when you fly?

Mine feels like they are plugged up and being stabbed with knives!!! Then they won't "pop" when I hi the ground for several hours and arent normal for like a day. Is this normal?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 10:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mine always pop just fine EXCEPT when I am landing at my home airport. I often wonder if there is something about the flight pattern coming into this airport that makes my ears not pop. Anyway, it can be incredibly painful sometimes, and the pressure almost always lasts for das and days. Often they wil pop a week later or so, and I won't have even realized until then that they hadn't been all the way clear. I travel quite a bit too fyi.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I've never flown in an airplane, but I know when we go to the mountains my ears start popping and it hurts!! Sometimes it takes a while for them to get back to normal.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2010