• In the Spotlight:

Do you think that if Sarah Palin wasn't considered to be good looking, would she have the same amount of support that she has now?

just out of curiosity, i've seen questions asked about why people seem to favor Sarah Palin and no one seems to answer with anything political about her speeches or views. it's "She's awesome!" or " i don't like Obama/Biden!" no valid answers as to why Palin is a good VP choice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't base my decisions on appearances...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Hillary Clinton was pretty popular.....she looks like an ogre.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• LMAO to the last poster!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I sure hope people aren't voting based on someones appearance! I think Sarah Palin has a lot of the same thoughts I do and that is why I support her.
    Anonymous

• I think that McCain picked her to be VP because she is an attractive woman. He thought it would help him get more votes. Which is really, really funny because he is probably regretting it so bad now!! LOL
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 12:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I've come to a conclusion.
    If Sarah Palin was a man, she would've been removed from her position by now. She would've effed up so bad in the interviews and debate that they would have fired her. But I feel that since she is a woman (and "good-looking"), they can't fire her because the party will be considered sexist pigs (which they are anyway).

But no, to answer your question. I don't think she would have the same amount of support as she does now.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• LOL--I know guys who don't usually vote-and they are voting for her because she is so cute:-) And a few women have mentioned how good looking her husband is:-) But that isn't any worse then the Obama campaign bringing in the homeless to the polls and trying to get felons registered:-)

Anonymous

• Ole' Clinton just wishes he had found her instead of Algore:-)
    Anonymous

• The most amazing thing about Sarah Palin is that she is a real person, not a career politician like the rest of the known crowd that has EVER run for anything above Mayor. Has anyone seen her published tax return for last year? It is my understanding that as a governor AND small business owner her income was around $160K a year. Thats above my income, but she's not the high power high dollar paid politician. That kinda makes her more on our level rather than the rich that were groomed to be in Washington. If we only could go back to the original intent for our leaders, they were supposed to be self sustaining (meaning proven they are a good businessman.) This showed that their ability to manage, AND by having an adequate income they were not supposed to be voting themself a BIG income from our measley pockets. But for a long time, including the Kennedy's, they were trained and educated to become CAREER politicians.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I don't understand why anyone would vote for the McCain/Palin group, first of all Palin doesn't know anything about politics, I am so sick of hearing her talk about being a "Soccer Mom" she is so unprofessional, who cares if she is pretty, that isn't going to safe the country if we are in trouble. people are so dumb and shallow.
    bstof4

Answer by bstof4 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2008