When did pregnancy ...

lose the miracle?

It truly is a miracle to become pregnant! Do people not realize this anymore? A woman's body is not at all ideal for sperm to survive long enough to get to the egg.

What ever happened to just having sex and if you get pregnant, you get pregnant?

Sorry but the questions about "I've been trying for 3 months and nothing" are really starting to bug me!

Getting pregnant is like hitting the lottery people! If you want to get pregnant ASAP go get IVF or something!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I agree to some degree. MY friend has tried for 4 years to have a baby and after serveral test found she can't.. She is ding treatment now but is stilll trying.

I have heard women who tried for 10 years and are never able too, then once they start to adopt they finally get pregnant.
    So in a sense,
    Stop trying and things will fall into place
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• since IDK if it will show this as OP or not, OP HERE!

My husband was telling me about a basically obesity virus - causes people to have a slow metabolism, gain weight, and also causes infertility (a good example of the results of this virus are women with PCOS)
    It's natural population control!

A lot of women I know who were TTC and then succeeded only succeeded after losing weight.

Yes, I get that almost every woman wants to be a mommy, it was all I remember wanting to be as a little girl. Sure, we have science now to help, but honestly, does this planet need more people? There is a reason we as humans are becoming increasingly infertile!

Yes, I have 4 oopsie kids, didn't try for a single one of them, so maybe I just don't get the whole TTC thing.

Claudiomom-has your friend looked into adopting? There are SO many poor little children in this world already that don't have parents to care for them!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• OK it does show me as OP

good to know!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'm sorry, but you seem very cold. I think this post lacks compassion for women who just want to be mothers. Just because getting pregnant is a miracle doesn't mean that people can't hope to be blessed with a child. In fact, I really just don't get how trying to get pregnant and failing makes women some how less aware of what a miracle it is... if anything they're more aware.

Women who are trying to conceive and are having trouble can be in very sensitive and fragile emotional states. It just seems wrong to me for someone to pick on them. I am sure they come on a site like this, full of moms, looking for some understanding and comfort. I don't see what one would gain from kicking a woman when she's down.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• if you had read the question you would have read

"Sorry but the questions about "I've been trying for 3 months and nothing" are really starting to bug me! "

mainly refering to the women who are all bent out of shape that they've tried 3 times and not succeeded.

Yes, I get that a woman who'd been trying for years could think something is wrong
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You say the planet don't need anymore people but you have 4 kids you didn't have to try for. People who don't have to try for kids it just happens for them really are the ones who don't understand why children are a miracle.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2010